In this video I share some highlights from my Patreon painting tutorials.
REAL-TIME PAINTING VIDEOS, TUTORIALS and other helpful materials ▶
In my recent walk-through painting tutorial on Patreon I talk about:
Part 1: Surface preparation, concept sketching, taking a reference photo, color mixing, transferring the outlines.
Part 2: Painting a portrait, oil painting tips, common mistakes.
Part 3: Analyzing, adjusting things, glazing and basically doing all the finishing touches.
▷ For prints and original paintings please visit
CONNECT WITH ME:
• Oil paints – “Nevskaya palitra”
Colors: Burnt Umber, Cadmium Yellow Pale, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Red and Titanium White.
For glazing I used Cadmium Red, Cadmium Yellow Pale and Cobalt Violet Deep.
• Primed 280gsm paper or linen canvas
• Acrylic primer “Sonnet”
• Paint thinner (odorless mineral spirits)
• Medium (stand linseed oil)
• Brushes – Detail brushes & Filbert synthetic brushes of different sizes
• Glass palette (homemade)
• Palette knife (from a local art-store)
• Paper towels (or tissues that I use to wipe the brushes)